Monday, May 10, 2010

Multimedia Reporting: Self Reflection

Working in J198 this semester has taught me an incredible amount about the power of social media. I have always understood that, thanks to the Internet, we literally have the world at our fingertips. Through using blogs, Twitter and Facebook, I can now see the power that social media has to spread ideas and function as an advertising device to mass amounts of people. This course met every goal and expectation that I had entering the class in January. I expected to learn and master Windows Movie Maker and to become accustomed to Twitter and blogging. Multimedia Reporting has allowed me to become comfortable with social media in a way that I know will be very helpful to me in the future.

Thanks to J198, I was able to get a job working with CBS College Sports during March Madness. Had I not had the experience cutting and editing video and using Twitter and blog accounts, I would not have gotten the internship since it was geared toward marketing majors. I can attribute my success with the job to the skills that I acquired through this class. If I did not take Multimedia Reporting, I would not have even been a viable candidate for the job!

No comments:

Post a Comment